[jhb_airlines] Priorities????

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2006 15:48:20 +0000

Three scenery areas, where many of us have spent, or are spending, hard earned cash are FSX, Horizon Generation X and the GS UK 2000 series.

From past experience MS are prpbably already working on a fix; nothing new there.

Horizon, to my surprise, say that finishing the night time scenery has a higher priority than correcting the known faults in the scenery we've already bought.

GS has said he won't be doing patches for pre FSX scenery, regarding it has having come to the end of its development life. I can't argue with that. What does disappoint me IS his intention to complete work on his Stansted Xtreme, before tackling known issues with Glasgow Xtreme, in FSX. Flying in or out of Glasgow can cause FSX to crash. It doesn't get more Xtreme than that, well not without smoke! Since I, and presumably others, bought the Glasgow scenery mainly because he said it would be compatible with FSX I'd have thought he had a responsibillity to the punters who've bought it, that should be ahead of his desire to get another product out.

Much though I dislike manyof the values and attitudes in the USA, one thing I do approve of; they simply don't accept poor service. In contrast, the Horizon forum contributors seem to be unreal in the sympathy and understanding they are showing, to producers of scenery that is great where it works but should never have been released in its present condition.