[jhb_airlines] Re: Ports

  • From: FrankTurley@xxxxxxx
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 09:09:24 EDT

In a message dated 30/09/2006 13:48:51 GMT Daylight Time, gwinsk@xxxxxxx
writes:

Now run  Active ports on the two machines. Quite a few more on this than on
the  uncommunicative PC. No idea what it all signifies!
If I posted the list for  each, would one of the gurus be able to deduce
anything?

Gerry  Winskill

Gerry,

Suggest you start FS9, stay on the ground, and log into Pilot's  Club.

Then bring up the Active Port screen, drag it out to get the full width,
then just watch.

On my machine I get activity - watch for the green and red bands - against
the process FS9.EXE I think its the weather updates coming in, but I stand to
be  corrected

Frank T.