[jhb_airlines] Re: Ports

  • From: FrankTurley@xxxxxxx
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 03:45:37 EDT

In a message dated 30/09/2006 08:25:49 GMT Daylight Time, gwinsk@xxxxxxx
writes:

How do I  check what ports are open and how do I go about opening them? Sorry
if my  ignorance is showing!

Gerry,

Answer to your space problem - start with a larger room!

Re the above, I think Alastair pointed us to a utilty called Active Ports,
the help shows _www.ntutility.com_ (http://www.ntutility.com)  as the  source.

To open ports, you should refer to your router's manual and software. Mine
came with a CD ROM, on there is a program called NAT Manager - I don't know
what  NAT is short for! - which configures the router ports. It prompts for a
port  number and the protocol, which for Pilot's Club I entered 16400 and UDP.
guess  you will have something similar.

Frank T.