[jhb_airlines] Ports

  • From: Mr Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 08:25:28 BST

At present I can connect to my ISP from this laptop, via my Westel ADSL modem.
On the resurrected PC, if I plug the installed Westel into it, all attempts
fail. There's none of the flashing from the modem that should accompany an
attempt. Pressing the Connect button results in it instantly becoming available
for another press.

Recent mention of "Ports" on the list has me wondering whether the XP
re-install has caused the problem.

How do I check what ports are open and how do I go about opening them? Sorry if
my ignorance is showing!

BTW, how does this machine give my full name, on emails, when this is going out
"From: gwinsk@xxxxxxx", on the Send page?

Gerry Winskill

NOCC, http://nocc.sourceforge.net