[jhb_airlines] Re: PocketFMS

  • From: Mike Lucas <mhlucas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 18:11:29 +0100

Likewise here, but Memory Map occasionally throws a wobbly and gives a weird error about RS232 - it did this last night, so I switched to PocketFMS.

Re the DAFIF data - the AIRAC downloads are available at a very reasonable price through Navigraph. 100 credits cost £6, and 20 credits will buy one cycle - regardless of how many downloads you make of that cycle (e.g. I have just downloaded for FSNav, FS Commander and A320 PIC for a total of 20 credits). A pity PocketFMS hadn't gone this way too.

Mike L

bones wrote:
I have it but haven't loaded it since buying Memory Map. I'll try it in a
minute but after I log off from IVAO.

The trouble was that PocketFMS used the free DAFIF data until this got
stopped (like FSNav did). Now that you have to buy the data they had no
option but to charge for it - a real pity.