[jhb_airlines] Re: Pleased with this one..

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 17:25:47 +0000

Which reminds me. We were sitting ovelooking the garden, one day last week, when SWMBO, who isn't noted for such observations, said "there's a helicopter but it sounds like a light aircraft". She thought it was a chopper because of the horizontal bit above it. The horizontal bit above the plane was the aircraft. The bl...dy big bit below, was the floats. It was a floatplane, tracking across from NI to Northern England. We don't get many of them oop 'ere. I recall seeing one taking off from Ronaldsway, a couple of years ago. Looked grotesque.

BTW, good shot.

Gerry Winskill

It's lazy spotting when you just lean out of a window and take a shot like
this..

http://www.homepages.mcb.net/bones/Kinetic/43C012.jpg

To be fair though I only have about three seconds between the aircraft
appearing above the roofline and going behind the house so there isn't much
time to acquire, focus and shoot. Camera is the new Nikon D80 which is very
impressive.

http://fsaviation.net