[jhb_airlines] Re: Pleased with this one..

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 18:28:53 +0000

I've got a D50. Really a D70 with bits dropped off, to justify the price drop.

Gerry Winskill

Alex - Reheat.org wrote:

Mike,

Very nice shot there! not to "diss" your effort but with that subject material it is hard to take a bad shot, but yours certainly shows off those curves well! When was it taken? was it this years show?

I also have a D70 and love it, however it seems to have been relegated these days to the dusty drawer as the "mid" range camera. In Hong Kong last year I bought a Leica Digilux II which is a stunning bit of equipment (what you would expect from Leica really. if only the lenses weren't so expensive, and on this years trip I bought a Canon Elexilim (SP!?) compact which is absolutely tiny but takes some stunning shots, for close up and good light work it is easily as good as my D70, although it was only half the cost.

Perhaps we should start up a FlightSimmers Nikkon club ;)

Might have some lenses for sale soon if anyone is interested as the D70 gets phased out of my service.

Alex

Mike Brook wrote:

Nice one, Bones!  I've a Nikon D70 which I've use for the last couple of
years and with which I have been well pleased. Here's one of my
favourite shots of recent times...
http://mikeandclaire.co.uk/UKScenery/Shoreham/Images/DSC_1116.jpg
Welcome to the Nikon Club <g>
MikeB