[jhb_airlines] Re: Please refresh these old brain cells

  • From: "Peter Dodds" <pdodds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 18:15 +0100 (BST)

> Peter's
> C172 G-GYAV may not yet be fitted with Mode S but it has already
> been
> allocated a code of 402991.

Bloomin' 'eck! I'd better tell all the members we're bein' watched.

Can I copy that post to Cix VFR Club - I'm sure they'd be as fascinated as
me.

We have discussed fitting mode S in Alpha Victor recently, but we need a
new engine first.  It's coming up to 2400 hours in about 12 months.  We are
already running "on condition" under the new rules, but prudence has been
whispering that we didn't ought to leave it too long, even though
compressions are A1 and the oil clean.

How much is an ADSB fit in ballpark figures Mode S is about £1500 we think,
although we haven't enquired properly yet.