[jhb_airlines] Re: Plane Spotting

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 17:20:33 +0100

No - he's ATC. Not exactly a sprog any more but sitting comfortably in the
middle ranks. <g>

As far as photographing aircraft goes from the any public areas Ronaldsway
is awful. Go down to the south side so the sun is behind you and the apron
is too far away for decent shots. Go to the car park and you are shooting
into sun at aircraft that mostly have their backsides pointing at you. There
again you get somewhat spoilt by having the advantage of being able to take
shots like this from the tower:

http://www.homepages.mcb.net/bones/WebAircraft/XV185_C130.jpg

http://woodair.net