[jhb_airlines] Re: Pix

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2004 16:20:06 +0100

Funny but I looked at the Lancair and thought that it had also shrunk in
the rain. One tiny machine.

Because we got to the show late (it was about 1500 before we eventually
arrived) I had missed most of the hard iron. The Yak's were performing
as we approached the airfield and the Tornado started its routine just
as we parked the car. Jen was in charge of the still shots and I was
trying out the camcorder so all credit to her for the pix on the web
page.

We went back to Ronaldsway after the show to see what I had missed.
There was C130 and Transall 160 there which were too far away to
photograph, a bunch of Hawks behind the Hunter and the T33/DH110 on the
west apron. No sign of the Harrier or Tornado so I guess these went
home. I can still get airside at Ronaldsway if the right people are on
duty.. <g> I hope to be getting a new airside pass soon.