[jhb_airlines] Pilot Club

  • From: "Wilding, Colin" <cwilding@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 15:13:32 -0000

Dear all,

Having spent a considerable amount of time without my FS machine, I have
had to keep up to date with all developments on Pilot Club either by
using my son's laptop or the office computer.

With my machine now repaired, I have also taken the plunge and come by a
router which allows the laptop to access the internet.  Saves the
arguments with all the family.  After all, what is more important,
flying on-line or accessing the internet for 'O' and 'A' level
coursework.......

What must be bourne in mind is that my knowledge of computers extends to
pressing the 'ON' button and that's about it.

When I was using ATOC I had no problems.  Voice was generally OK and I
had no problems accessing servers.  It seems to be a totally different
situation with PCF.  I have downloaded the latest version - which I
believe is 4.03, including the new voice client update.  I fire up MSFS
(2004) and the Pilot Club option appears in the task bar at the top.
Shift and tab brings up the PCF box which I complete with VID and P/W.
From then on, everything goes t*ts up.  There are no servers in the
server list despite clicking on the 'get up to date server' button.
Attempts to connect using the connect button do not have any effect.
All I get is an error message saying that the IP address is incorrect or
someone else is logged on with the same name.  Attempts to cut and paste
the IP address shown in Servinfo (the one beginning 82. or the
voice.club1.com version (from memory)) have the same effect.

I run the voice client from the pilot club folder and get the headphones
in the task bar.  Attempts to connect showing ATC ie typing in for
example EGTT_CTR or JHB_OPS get the same error message.

I have seen a number of posts relating to port forwarding.  Is this
likely to be the problem?  I have tried the port forwarding programme
mentioned in these pages and tried to open port 15000 but this does not
sem to have worked.  Being from the school of "I know FS doesn't work,
but if I touch anything else will it screw the rest of the system up for
the family", I decided that discretion was the better part of valour and
deleted the rule.

Does anyone have any idea of whst the problem could be - apart from the
stupidity of the user?

Colin

Colin Wilding

Operations - PI Division
HCC International Insurance Company PLC
A subsidiary of HCC Insurance Holdings, Inc.

Mailto:cwilding@xxxxxxxxxx
Tel: +44 20 7680 2933

This e-mail contains confidential information, and may contain privileged
information, which is the property of the sender, and is intended solely for
the attention and use of the addressee.  If you are not the named addressee,
you must not disclose, copy or retransmit this transmission or take any other
action in reliance upon this transmission, and you should notify us as soon as
possible.  HCC International Insurance Company PLC is authorized and regulated
by the Financial Services Authority.