[jhb_airlines] Re: Pilot Club

  • From: Mike Lucas <mhlucas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 12:59:05 -0500

Sorry to be rather late jumping into this thread - I have only just returned from a 2-day business trip to Munich.

I think Tom, Paul, Peter and MikeB have covered the points that I would have made about the FPS benefits of offloading FS add-ons such as weather, moving map/GPS, ATOC/VATSIM, etc on to another PC on the LAN. I am in the habit of running *only* FS on my main box, with everything else on the laptop, during FS sessions. Since I am also in the habit of running FS full-screen rather than windowed, I found it a PITA to toggle to ATOC (before configuring LAN setup) - indeed it would often freeze the FS session completely. So I'm not optimistic about the new software.

Mike L