[jhb_airlines] Re: Pilot Club

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 17:02:36 +0100

From Demo feedback postings that I read, I'm pretty sure FSX doesn't take advantage of dual core potential. Some of the postings suggest that the various threads within FS are so interactive that it would not be possible to write it so as to capable of using individual cores.
More worrying was a reply from one of the development team, suggesting he wasn't aware of Hyperthreading.
If other comments are correct, the PC looks for material that isn't so integrated, then sends it to the less busy core. I would imagine that candidates for this treatment would be ASv6, since it can be run on a separate machine, also Servinfo and FSNav.
Others might be better qualified to offer an opinion.

Gerry Winskill

franklyn fisher wrote:

Gerry
With a dual processor, you are theretically able to run 2 full progams side by side with no hit. Each prog running in its own processor.

How this works I do not know, it could be automatic, or you have to set it up.

Wether FSX uses dual processors by splitting down the two streams is again out of my realm.