[jhb_airlines] Re: Pilot Club

  • From: FrankTurley@xxxxxxx
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 10:46:44 EDT

In a message dated 14/09/2006 09:21:59 GMT Daylight Time, gwinsk@xxxxxxx
writes:

When  running in FPI, I could reduce the display load by running
Servinfo on my  Laptop; no LAN connection required.

On the "Flying" PC, I could  accomodate, on the screens, FS9, FSNav and
ATOC. That would leave the  offscreen loads from ASv6 and ATOC, that
could theoretically move to a LAN  connected Laptop. However, with a dual
core processor, will I need to  that? I know that FS9 itself isn't
written with dual processors, or HT, in  mind but won't the system be
capable of running FS9 on one and the  ancillary progs on the second
processor?

Gerry,

On my LAN I have an old e-mail machine and a flying machine, connected via
my router.

When on FPI I have Servinfo running on the e-mail machine, and FS9, FSNav
and ATOC running on the flying machine. This works ok, the only complication
was
 telling my router to leave port 15400 open for FPI, I assume I'll have to do
 something similar for Pilot's Club.

Frank T.