[jhb_airlines] Re: Pilot Club

  • From: pdodds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Peter Dodds)
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 12:17 +0100 (BST)

In case you can glean any ideas from the following - this is my setup, keeping
a clean FS screen at (almost) all times.

My rule is that any application which cannot be minimised to the task bar, or
needs user input whilst flying is always
on the second PC. Any application which runs in the background I will allow to
run on the FS PC, but only if necessary.

So I have FS and Active Sky on one screen plus the screenshot capture programme
which has to be on the FS PC, and the
Vatsim client software and Servinfo are on my second PC & screen, together with
Teamspeak for chat to fellow pilots.

The two PCs are connected to the router, which is connected to the internet -
and yes, that is a LAN, providing you set
up the router correctly.  I actually have 4 PCs connected to the router and can
if i want move data around them all.

I have the F9 key mapped to a yoke button via FSUIPC, (I use the button on the
front of the RH horn of the CH yoke) so I
can flick up FSNav when I want to.  This does display on the main FS screen but
I quickly get rid of it again when done
with.  I never fly with it on screen for more than few seconds, as I regard
that as cheating. <g>.

I also have my laptop on the desk, but that is usually closed and used as a map
rest!