[jhb_airlines] Re: Pilot Club

  • From: "Paul" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 23:19:56 +0100

Similar set-up here Mike, I ran FS and ASv6 on my flying machine (AMD64
3200, 1Gb RAM, X300 PCI-Express) constant frame rates of 25 though I've had
them in the 90's when set to unlimited.  Second machine ran FS-Commander,
ServInfo and ATOC 1.9f.  Voice being triggered from joystick commands on
flying machine using FSUIPC keysends and WideFS.

Functionally this meant I had Nav and radio on my 2nd PC with flying and
weather on the first.  When I had that period of not being able to get 1.9f
running over the LAN (thanks to Norton Internet Security updates) I found I
had to Alt-Tab out of FS to change radio frequencies.  While it's still
functional, this swapping back and forth spoilt the fun.  The answer If I
remember correctly was to run in windowed mode. Practical but not pretty.
For those running two monitors on one machine I suppose this could be
feasible but with a single monitor it soon becomes irritating.

If this is the way the new pilot client works then I'll give it a go but I
can see myself graduating towards VATSim and only using the Pilot Club for
JHB sessions.