[jhb_airlines] Re: Pilot Club

  • From: "Mike Brook" <mike.brook@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 22:44:27 +0100

I'm not sure that Grant has grasped what I meant by wanting to run
across my LAN.  My flying pc is a lowly P4 2GHz with just 512MB RAM.
Great for running FS9 in fullscreen with FSNav active on a second
monitor with acceptable frame rates of 15-20.  All other s/w needed for
a satisfactory FS experience ran on a second pc hard-wire linked across
my home LAN.  Using WideFS I ran ASv6, ServInfo and the full FPI/ATOC
package including Voice on this second pc.

In tests, however, I found that I was unable to run the alternative ATOC
Express package across my LAN which meant that it had to be run on my
already busy 'flying' machine.  With voice etc this reduced my FS frame
rates to a unacceptably poor 5-7 and was very tedious to use.

I don't think that any of us LAN users actually want to fly/control in
private sessions independent of the internet and the pilot-club servers
which I suspect is  what Grant thought that we meant...

I hope that I'm wrong, nevertheless I shall certainly be trying out the
new s/w to see if I can duplicate my 'old' cross-LAN set-up with it!!

MikeB