[jhb_airlines] Re: Phil's EGBB

  • From: "Fossil" <fossil@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 14:41:38 +0100

The issue of static aircraft is a complex one but raises the same problems
as the AI system.

Both AI and static generated scenery is unique to each FS user. Although you
can see these aircraft neither the controller or other online users can. ATC
therefore cannot park you relative to your static aircraft and they cannot
park other online pilots in such a way to avoid your statics.

It gets more complex too. As each online pilot is likely to have differing
static and AI aircraft it means everyone has a completely different traffic
situation. Static aircraft are usually relative to scenery loaded and
possibly vary according to time so it is almost impossible to have online
pilots viewing identical traffic situations.

Inevitably this means AI has to be turned off and, ideally, statics too.
Either that or keep statics visible and accept that nobody else can see
these.

One answer would be for IVAO to generate its own AI system to produce busier
airspace. This would be nice but they could not be totally automated robotic
aircraft - they would have to be capable of accepting instructions from ATC.
I think this capability would be well above anything that IVAO could design
into the system right now.