[jhb_airlines] Re: Phil's EGBB

  • From: Kev Townsend <175@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 13:42:57 +0100

Firstly can I say how much I am enjoying flying out of Phil's EGBB.

It is good for 2 reasons, not only is the scenery detail superb, but as Birmingham is a training base for IVAO and is more often than not manned.

As it has been some time since I have flown FS, can someone advise me on static aircraft placement?
I am flying a small bizjet, mostly from the Elmdon Apron near Fox 1.
I know that AI is disabled when online, but it seems odd to look across and see no other aircraft, particularly when there are lots of airport vehicles on the go!. Are there any conflicts if there is alreadt a static at a gate, and a "live" IVAO flight taxi's to the same gate?

Perhaps you may know of a ready made file that can achieve this?

best wishes to all, and special thanks to Phil Reynolds

Kev T

At 18:06 4/30/2008, you wrote:
Hi all,

I've got a new version of my EGBB scenery ready for release and thought I'd give you guys the run of it first before I release it to the masses.

I have removed runway 06-24 and replaced it with the newly allocated taxiways L and T, added new markings and lighting for these taxiways, moved a few inaccurate taxiways and (for FSX only) added misc buildings behind the main terminal. There are also a few tweaks to gate types and sizes in the AFCAD file.

There are two versions, one for FSX and one for FS9. You'll need v1.0 installed as these are update files only.

Cheers

Phil