[jhb_airlines] Re: Performance Query

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 12:09:49 +0100

Total failure. All attempts produce daft results. Too much integration, or inbreeding, or summat.

Currently trying to modify a Q400 specific version of your weight gauge, to get around problems of the comma.

I hate RPN as I never really get my head round it.

I'm guessing here but is the stack reversed? I'm not sure in:

(A:TOTAL WEIGHT,pound) (L:VSPEED_LOW_WEIGHT,number) - * +

which the negative number applies to. Negative Total Weight x positive Low
Weight seems odd..

Have a try with:
(A:TOTAL WEIGHT,pound) (L:VSPEED_LOW_WEIGHT,number) 1000 / - * +

or maybe
(A:TOTAL WEIGHT,pound) 1000 (L:VSPEED_LOW_WEIGHT,number) / - * +

but I admit it's a guess...

bones

-----Original Message----- From: jhb_airlines-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:jhb_airlines-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Gerry Winskill Sent: 18 August 2005 18:10 To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [jhb_airlines] Re: Performance Query

Bones, It struck me I might be able to get around the comma problem, when using both the Vspeed gauge and your weight gauge. In the case of Vspeed, a version has to be created for each individual aircraft, by editing the source file and inserting the high and low takeoff weights to be covered, together with their Vnumbers at the flap settings permitted for takeoff config. No problem there. It considers actual Ramp Weight and signifies an over load, when present. That's the current problem with the Q400. The warning could be ignored but the calculated V numbers are daft, having been based on the comma'd weight. Now, if I include a factor of 1000 in the calculation, that might restore sanity.

The existing line is
(A:TOTAL WEIGHT,pound) (L:VSPEED_LOW_WEIGHT,number) - * +

If I want to multiply the TOTAL WEIGHT by 1000, what's the syntax?

Gerry Winskill
gwinsk@xxxxxxx

Gerry Winskill wrote:

I've spent the day, well most of it, modifying Rob Barendregt's Vspeed
gauge, to suit my normal CA aircraft. Once his instructions are
decyphered it's not too difficult.
The sticking point at the moment is that next in the queue is the Q400
and I haven't any real life data for it.
What I'm looking for is the Vnumber data for lowest and highest take
off weights, at the normal flap settings used. The Bombardier website
doesn't have it. Anyone able to suggest a site where I might find it?

The gauge is useful in that it also provides the speed calls, filling
the empty second seat gap.

Gerry Winskill
gwinsk@xxxxxxx