[jhb_airlines] Re: Performance Query

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 18:10:07 +0100

Bones,
It struck me I might be able to get around the comma problem, when using both the Vspeed gauge and your weight gauge.
In the case of Vspeed, a version has to be created for each individual aircraft, by editing the source file and inserting the high and low takeoff weights to be covered, together with their Vnumbers at the flap settings permitted for takeoff config. No problem there.
It considers actual Ramp Weight and signifies an over load, when present. That's the current problem with the Q400. The warning could be ignored but the calculated V numbers are daft, having been based on the comma'd weight. Now, if I include a factor of 1000 in the calculation, that might restore sanity.

The existing line is
(A:TOTAL WEIGHT,pound) (L:VSPEED_LOW_WEIGHT,number) - * +

If I want to multiply the TOTAL WEIGHT by 1000, what's the syntax?

Gerry Winskill
gwinsk@xxxxxxx

Gerry Winskill wrote:

I've spent the day, well most of it, modifying Rob Barendregt's Vspeed gauge, to suit my normal CA aircraft. Once his instructions are decyphered it's not too difficult.
The sticking point at the moment is that next in the queue is the Q400 and I haven't any real life data for it.
What I'm looking for is the Vnumber data for lowest and highest take off weights, at the normal flap settings used. The Bombardier website doesn't have it. Anyone able to suggest a site where I might find it?

The gauge is useful in that it also provides the speed calls, filling the empty second seat gap.

Gerry Winskill
gwinsk@xxxxxxx