[jhb_airlines] Re: Performance Query

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 17:43:54 +0100

That was my first attempt but get the same error result.
I always wonder about organisations that pay good money for a sophisticated website, then fail to manage it. It's like taking out high cost advertising, to tell the world you're inefficient!
The pressure is off, on the Q400. I managed to dredge up some data, modified the .xml gauge, only to get daft results. Then I rememberd that the Q400 has a flaw in the way it's written up. Its weight is entered with a comma, to denote the thousand. That throws any gauges that interrogate it for data. Remove the comma and the gauges work. Just one small consequence. The weight is increased by 1000 and, not surprisingly, it can't reach takeoff speed.
Well, it's wet, so I wouldn't have been going out.

Gerry Winskill
gwinsk@xxxxxxx

Paul wrote:

A search on Bombarier Q400 reference speeds threw up www.q400.com, there's a
link for specifications which throws up a javascript error for me but may
work for you and provide the details you require.

Paul.