[jhb_airlines] Re: Perception of Server Lag

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 19:06:15 +0100

I remember those circumstances in one of the FPI sessions. I think it was at Aldergrove. I'm pretty sure it was Alastair who I heard close down for the night, after landing, when on my display he was still about 6 DME on the ILS.

I would guess that the person with the slow machine would be the one sending
delayed data.

The only way to check this would be to run a normal session and hope that
two aircraft are sitting on the ground watching arrivals. If an aircraft is
lagging then I guess the two ground observers should see an identical amount
of lag. It would be odd if one saw the aircraft taxi in a minute or so
before the other ground observer.

Obviously the data being sent to controllers is different as I've never
noticed ANY lag on the radar screen.