[jhb_airlines] Re: Perception of Server Lag

  • From: Alastair <algy.mcintyre@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 18:30:34 +0100

As you say, Stefan's reply was very interesting,

One thing I have been wondering about.

Say pilot 'A' has a fast machine, few TSR's running etc. and pilot 'B' has a slow machine with everything loaded up.

How would pilot A see pilot B and vice versa?

i.e. would the slow machine bring everything else 'down' the way it used to happen in the MP days (apparently).

Also it gets more complex when pilots C, D, E etc.. join in the local session.

Perhaps, when things are quite, a little experimenting might help to clarify matters.

I had honestly thought that when we were all using the one server that the lag would virtually be non existent, but Wednesday night proved the lie to that. (albeit at the end of the flying session)

Answers on the back of a £5 note.....etc..

Alastair