[jhb_airlines] Re: Perception of Server Lag

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 13:28:01 +0100

For real formation flying you really need more than one monitor or TrackIR.
If you don't have these then your view is limited and you can't do much more
than line astern or slightly off to one side. Any further and the lead
aircraft slides out of the forward view in FS. I know you can pan or use a
side view but it's a bloody good pilot that can fly in formation in FS this
way.

Oddly enough it's a lot easier in real life. You can judge distance far more
easily and if the lead aircraft says to fly one wingspan away to port you
can do this. In FS there isn't the same spatial awareness. You can tailchase
another aircraft without too much difficulty (no propwash to worry about
either) but it's far harder the fly line abreast.