[jhb_airlines] Re: Perception of Server Lag

  • From: "Alex - Reheat.org" <Alex@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 11:17:53 +0100

Alastair,

Sunday/Monday would probably be better for me than Wednesday. Whatever is better for anyone else is fine by me.

Alex

Alastair wrote:
Alex

Your explanation has some ring of truth to it, however, in the old MP days, using a single home based server (or more often than not Rory's server), we were able to achieve reasonable formation flights, albeit sometimes a bit jerky.

All this was achieved using 56k dial up modems.

One would have thought that with the advent of almost universal broadband use that things would have improved.

I must confess, however, on the old MP set-up we used to experience sever lag, at times, sometimes up to about 3 or 4 minutes.

I realise, that here we are not really comparing like with like, however, like you say it would be 'interesting' to try a bit of 'racing' and close formation flying.

Would Sunday or Monday evening be suitable for anyone?, or do we make the Wednesday evening session a test session?

Alastair