[jhb_airlines] Re: Perception of Server Lag

  • From: pdodds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Peter Dodds)
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 00:37 +0100 (BST)

Yes Vatsim does suffer, but I haven't seen it as bad as Gerry was describing
earlier where someone had logged off before
another saw him land.  I have been doing some formation flying lately - two
Tiger Moths really close together. Once apon
a time this was impossible on Vatsim, as the leader danced all over the sky,
but nowadays you can formate up to about
100 yards apart quite successfully.  Squawkbox 3 has a "Formation" mode - no
idea how it works - which makes even
smoother formating possible, and we are hoping (we aren't very good at it yet)
to get to the point where you can see the
tread pattern on the lead aircraft's tyres!!
There is a picture here.
http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/5623/twotigers3rc1.jpg