[jhb_airlines] Re: Perception of Server Lag

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 23:23:15 +0100

I still have Enditall but it's of doubtful value. I ran it just now and it showed 15 programmes running, only 4 of which are "unlocked", so closeable.
By contrast Task Manager shows 40 running! Of these 23 are listed as SYSTEM. We've been here before, since the Task Manager problem is lack of info on which can be safely shut down. There's a website that offers advice but following that, and closing down the "uneccessary" programmes, dropped me into deep doodah, from which I emerged only by running System Restore.
Anyone able to come up with an accurate list of the progs that can be ditched with impunity would qualify for a Nobel Prize.

Gerry Winskill

Mike Brook wrote:

Paul -
It was called "EndItAll", I'm not sure that it is still available as freeware. Could be worth a Google search...
MikeB