[jhb_airlines] Re: Perception of Server Lag

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 17:31:31 +0100

I know my Av software slows FS2004 down massively as it runs a check on
every file opened. Considering the number of textures VFGM uses it amazing
it runs at all..

Do you really need AV software running when in an FPI session? As long as
you don't touch mail or unknown web pages the firewall should give you
protection from hackers.

When they get the weather server up and running that should take ASv6 out of
the loop. As for FSNav I wonder if the load increases if you connect it to
the session?