[jhb_airlines] Re: Perception of Server Lag

  • From: Alastair <algy.mcintyre@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 20:24:54 +0100

Can I suggest, that one evening, when we can muster up enough bodies, that we have a general fly around one fixed location, and see what server lag we can observe (if any).

Tonight doesn't seem too good (so far), not many bodied around, methinks.

Alastair

Bones wrote:
I would guess that the person with the slow machine would be the one sending
delayed data.

The only way to check this would be to run a normal session and hope that
two aircraft are sitting on the ground watching arrivals. If an aircraft is
lagging then I guess the two ground observers should see an identical amount
of lag. It would be odd if one saw the aircraft taxi in a minute or so
before the other ground observer.

Obviously the data being sent to controllers is different as I've never
noticed ANY lag on the radar screen.