[jhb_airlines] Re: Perception of Server Lag

  • From: "Mike Brook" <mike.brook@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 17:06:37 +0100

Hi Paul -

You have hit on the reason that a lot of us have for so long been
advocates of using a two machine LAN to enjoy our flying experience.
Run FS9 on one machine and run EVERYTHING else, ASv6, email client, web
browser, Pilot-Club Voice, Skype etc (as much as is possible, of course)
on t'other.  FSNav doesn't slow down FS9 so can quite happily continue
run on the FS9 machine.  FS9 operates at close to peak performance.
Trust me, it does work <G>

MikeB