[jhb_airlines] Re: Pauses

  • From: "Alex Barrett" <fpi509267@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 10:55:09 +0000

 [quote]anyone got suggestions as to how you can verify the operation of mobo,
 memory or CPU as individual items?[/quote]

Bones,

Sorry to hear you are having problems! seems to be the weekend for them!

The best way of verifying your CPU stability is to run this software here:

http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file/fid,7146-order,1-page,1-c,alldownloads/description.html

Its a Stress test that puts your CPU through several benchmarking tests, It'll
tell you if anything is wrong with the CPU - its cleverly designed to put as
little stress on the other components during the test as possible so, if you
get a crash during the test, it will probably also point to CPU problems.

As for RAM, I have previously used this with some success, although if it is
suitable for your PC I am not sure, however search for "RAM Benchmark" or "RAM
Checker" in google and you will find something that works for you.

http://www.memtest86.com/

There are several MOBO checkers available however most of them are payware and
all I have used have been entirely useless.
Give the above 2 a go and let us know if it comes up with anything.

All the best,

Alex