[jhb_airlines] Pauses

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: JHB AIRLINES <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 13:14:10 +0100

Having discovered, last night, that I could fly the Default C182 without pauses, I've spent a couple of hours checking through my APM20, to see if I can narrow down the cause, when flying this, my GA aircraft of choice.

If I fly it using the Cessna panel, then no pauses, therefore it's the panel and not the aircraft.

I disabled all gauges in the Main panel section, by inserting an X at the begining of each gauge name, in Panel.cfg file. No improvement.
Next I deleted the various Virtual Cockpit setions and the pauses disappeared. No idea why, since I couldn't spot anything obvious in that section. The pauses were there even though I never use VC mode. All's well, etc.

Whilst doing all of this the process was complicated by the fact that, for the first time, this aircraft's PANEL folder refuses to open. The task bat says it is but nothing appears on screen. I got round it by making a copy of the folder. The copy opened OK. I then made the changes to that folder's Panel.cfg, then copying that to the folder wot won't open.

Any bright ideas why it's ceased to open?