[jhb_airlines] Panic over..

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "JHB Email List" <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 17:58:26 +0100

I've got my email back again so all is OK again.

I'm not exactly sure what went wrong but it was to do with the latest MS
update files to repair the so called JPG buffer overrun flaw. This fix =
isn't
just for Windows and so MS provided a tool to search through your system =
and
identify all other MS products that need patching (basically everything =
that
can open a JPG file). I let it do its stuff but then it slammed on the
activation routine for all the Office products - and I couldn't clear =
it.
The result was that it would let me receive emails but not reply.

The temporary fix for this was for me to use my Pocket PC which is =
loaded
with Pocket Office. If connected to the computer the Pocket Outlook =
program
becomes a mirror of the computer Inbox - rather handy that. I was =
therefore
able to read all my mail on the computer and reply to the essential ones =
via
Pocket Outlook. Slightly tedious but it was a very handy backup process!

HC@xxxxxxxxxx
http://fsaviation.net