[jhb_airlines] Re: Pan type call

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 21:13:00 +0100

Alex,
The only change I've made is tio install the SP2 Windows update, so that I could run the FSX Demo. It was after that I started to get the pauses. The blurries have crept in as my use of the VFR Addons Autogen has increased. I've also added bits to my normal GA aircraft's panel.

Alex Barrett wrote:

Gerry,

You haven't recently done a re-install of FS or anything have you?

After a total HD format this morning and updating to the latest drivers my Fresh FS install is getting some REALLY horrible Blurred scenery, its hideous, where as before the crash I had gorgeous scenery and aircraft detail.

Its really beyond me as to what the difference is :(

Seeing as we have the same card, same RAM size and a comparable processor (mine is a P4 3.2 HT) I was wondering if there was some common ground.

Alex -----Original message-----
From: Gerry Winskill gwinsk@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 21:06:47 +0200
To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [jhb_airlines] Re: Pan type call

I've now done a run, part single screen and part triple head. CPU temp didn't rise above 57.

I've also had a pause free run, having changed from my favourite APM20, with much modified panel, to the Default C182.

The bad news, though not as bad as the hot lockup, is that doubling RAM to 2Gb hasn't cured the blurries. Looks as though it's inadequicies either in my P4 2.8 or my Nvidia 6800GT.

Gerry Winskill

Mike Lucas wrote:

Gerry

I would endorse Paul's diagnosis of failing PSU.

Mike L

Paul wrote:

Gerry,

As you've probably already concluded, the lock up is from over-heating.

Possible causes are:

   Cooling fan(s) slowing/failing.
   Graphics card overheating
   Power supply failing

The last of these is usually the most suspect.