[jhb_airlines] Re: Pan type call

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 20:06:49 +0100

I've now done a run, part single screen and part triple head. CPU temp didn't rise above 57.

I've also had a pause free run, having changed from my favourite APM20, with much modified panel, to the Default C182.

The bad news, though not as bad as the hot lockup, is that doubling RAM to 2Gb hasn't cured the blurries. Looks as though it's inadequicies either in my P4 2.8 or my Nvidia 6800GT.

Gerry Winskill

Mike Lucas wrote:

Gerry

I would endorse Paul's diagnosis of failing PSU.

Mike L

Paul wrote:

Gerry,

As you've probably already concluded, the lock up is from over-heating.

Possible causes are:

    Cooling fan(s) slowing/failing.
    Graphics card overheating
    Power supply failing

The last of these is usually the most suspect.