[jhb_airlines] Re: Pan type call

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 18:23:07 +0100

That would be the cheapest problem to resolve but I've only had the 550 watt Golden Silent for about 9 months and for three of those we were away.

Looking to see what had changed, before the lockup; within an hour I'd just doubled the RAM.
A few minutes before I'd just re booted and enabled Hyper Threading
I'd just leaned the lid against it. It's been leaning on a cupboard for weeks. It wasn't fastened on but might have changed marginal conditions.

With no progs loaded the CPU temp is currently 45 deg C.

Gerry Winskill

Paul wrote:

Gerry,

As you've probably already concluded, the lock up is from over-heating.

Possible causes are:

        Cooling fan(s) slowing/failing.
        Graphics card overheating
        Power supply failing

The last of these is usually the most suspect.