[jhb_airlines] Pan type call

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: JHB AIRLINES <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 17:33:31 +0100

I was quietly pottering along when the FS9 display froze and a high pitched and continuous alarm started. I tried to set up the temperature display but everything was locked up, still with FS9 filling the screen.
I tried to rest the system but nothing happened. Next I tried to close down via the front panel's power button. No result. Finally I had to shut down via the main power in switch, on the back of the PC case.
When I tried to power up again there was a series of clicks and another lockup, which again left me having to shut down via the power in switch.
After 30 minutes I've been able to re start. Won't run FS9 until I have a better idea of likely cause.
Any bright ideas gratefully accepted.
What was the old add..."You're never alone with a Strand". Your never so alone as when the PC goes down!!!!!!!!!!