[jhb_airlines] Re: PMDG 737NG

  • From: Kevin Townsend <kev@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 12:46:46 +0100

Tom

I will have a look, but I am using Airac for my PMDG and as there are many
anomalies between the FSNav Database and this - I have been constructing
flight plans by hand.

Using FSNav I input Departure and Arrival Airports Codes using the Id
(ticked) Inputline on the Map Page. I then follow the mostly direct line
using Navaids along the way. I then Print this route, including SID/Star
alternates and use this as a routing as would be provided for any
commercial flight. This would include Initial clearance and routing
altitudes. Standard routes were published on the UK AIS.
Bones assures me that this is the way that airlines work these days, as
routing is done by computer, based on traffic density, and the shortest
(most direct) routes go on a first come first served basis.
I include some comment from him below...

The airway system in Europe is effectively dynamic nowadays rather than
the static system of old. Pilots still file flight plans with the
suggested IFPS routes in them, but if such routes are congested IFPS
will automatically reroute to avoid delays and send a revised flight
plan back to the pilot. We can't mimic this in FS so the best option is
to put down the published standard routes. Oddly enough I can't see
these on the UK AIS site any more - I'll have to dig around and see
where they have gone..

Maybe we should find a place to collect these?

Regards

Kev