[jhb_airlines] Re: PMDG

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 00:48:24 -0000

I must admit that I am still coming to grips with it too - but it is a =
nice
machine to learn. Despite its intricate systems it is still a very =
docile
aircraft to hand fly.=20

For those screenshots I couldn't wait to fire up all the systems and so =
hit the slew key, whanged it up to a few thousand feet and then hit Y =
again.
It flew along quite happily and I got the shots I wanted. Then I started =
turn on all the electrics and hydraulics and was able to make a fairly
decent landing - even though it was several hundred yards short of the
runway. The reason for this was a total lack of throttle response when I
turned the autothrottle off at 5000ft. I just had to keep speed at =
145kts
and accept that the descent would result in an off airfield landing.. =
Still
good fun though..