[jhb_airlines] Re: PIREP

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 01:03:04 -0000

Thank you Denis and my congratulations on your circumnavigation. I must
remember to add the G suffix to your Pilot ID (and for others who have
likewise flown round world flights in my absence).

Your report is a sort of dubious record for me too as it is the 100th =
flight
report sitting in my box awaiting processing - something I really must =
start
on shortly.

The RealAir paint scheme should work OK if you follow a few basic rules.
Make sure the textures have been placed in the texture.JHB folder (I =
don't
think the suffix is case sensitive but I play safe and use the same case =
for
this folder as I use in the aircraft.cfg's Texture=3D line). Next add =
the new
section to the aircraft.cfg file. Mine is:

[fltsim.1]
title=3DCessna Skyhawk 172SP JHB Airlines
sim=3Drealairsimulationsc172sp
model=3D
panel=3D
sound=3D
texture=3Djhb
checklists=3D
kb_checklists=3DCessna172SP_check
kb_reference=3DCessna172SP_ref
atc_id=3DGJHBE
ui_manufacturer=3DCessna
ui_type=3DRealAir C172SP Skyhawk
ui_variation=3DJHB Airlines
description=3DCustom Livery and Flight Model by RealAir Simulations for =
The
Aerospace Industry Training Department of the Kangan Batman TAFE =
Melbourne
Australia. Copyright 2003 RealAir Simulations - All Rights Reserved.=20
atc_heavy=3D0
atc_airline=3D
atc_flight_number=3D
atc_parking_codes=3D
atc_parking_types=3DRAMP

Alter the [Fltsim.1] to increment to the next number in your sequence. =
Don't
use Fltsim.01, 02 etc if you use FS2004 as I find this stops the =
aircraft
appearing in the FS menu's (it didn't in FS2002).

Apart from that just cross check the Texture line to ensure that it =
matches
the name of the texture folder. You can change these if you want as the =
name
isn't hard coded anywhere. For example if you change the line to
Texture=3Dbanana and rename the folder the textures are in to =
texture.banana
it will still work. I must admit I still can't get used to seeing a full
stop in a folder name but that is only because of my early DOS days..