[jhb_airlines] Re: PIREP

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 21:36:38 +0100

Next question springs to mind as I was about to start a farm strip assignment, having finished watching the Inspector Lindley episode. I'd normally use the current weather but set the time to something in daylight. Is this still possible, when on IVAO, or will it highlight the fact that I appear to be flying VFR during the hours of darkness?

Gerry Winskill

bones wrote:

Both distances are wrong.

Great circle distance from IOM to Gatwick is 239nm. Standard airways routing
would add about 7% to this so say 255nm for going via A20 and L10 - which
makes IVAO the better of the two guesses.

I'll have to look at the JHB IVAO page to see what happens after you file a
report. I presume it automatically adds to the airlines totals.