[jhb_airlines] PIREP

  • From: "franklyn fisher" <ff006c5886@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 19:47:14 +0100

Just completed my first IVAO PIREP form.

Needles to say, I was not prepared for the amount of information required.

Must set up a proper log book, and enter all the required information at the end of the flight.

FSC gave me a flight distance of 216nm, (EGKK-EGNS) but the IVAO database said 274, must have shaved off nearly 50nm somewhere. Mind you, the FSC database is not foolproof. Will have to get the routing elsewhere.

Impressed at the way the blue dots following me and each side of me, changed to a yellow aircraft shape, when within 12nm, on the FSC screen, assume this was the TCAS warning.

FF