[jhb_airlines] Re: PIREP

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 17:14:32 +0100

Is it possible to use an xml gage as
gauge=xyz.xml
or must it be in as a .cab file?

If the Dreamwings panel has XML gauges in it then it should be very easy to
look up the A: variable they have used in the gauge and  design a dial for
this.

Rotary dials have lag designed into them. If you want fast needle response
such as an ASI you use

        <Delay DegreesPerSecond="360"/>

but if the gauge has a slow response (fuel and oil temp needles) you use
something lower like

        <Delay DegreesPerSecond="15"/>

A digital readout is always instantaneous.

I don't know if Tony uploaded Lerwick to the normal FS sites. It was scenery
he made when some topic or other was going the rounds on either ukscenery or
this list - I think about GMax. Look for EGETV1.1.zip and also
EGET_Update.zip. If you can't find them I can send you a copy.

bones

PS  A Q400 can get into London City so Kirkwall is no problem.