[jhb_airlines] Re: PIREP

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 05:42:33 +0100

Alastair confirmed this on his arrival later on.

I grabbed the scenery myself and looked at it later. Tiree and Benbecula
were OK but all the runways at EGPO have reversed runway ID's. A quick look
at the AFCAD's showed that they were correct so the puzzle was why?

I decompiled the Stornoway.bgl and found that the SCASM code is incorrect -
runways are reversed in the code. I can't change this because some code is
strange and BGLAnalyse may not recompile it properly. What I did notice was
that the runway elevation was set at 8.00m but the AFCAD elevation is 7.98m.

So far I have raised the AFCAD height to 8.01m and I have put the three
AFCAD's in a separate folder layered above the scenery. Neither has made any
difference. Further tests show that the AFCAD isn't working at all but I'll
have to look at this later.

One thing I noticed was that the AFCAD's for Stornoway and Tiree fail the
AFCAD testing on a number of counts so the author hasn't been good at
creating these. In addition the runways and taxiways at Tiree have different
elevation values and I suggest these be corrected. JABBGL is probably the
fastest way but AFCAD is good enough.