[jhb_airlines] Re: PC/JHB site was Hours - 037G

  • From: "Alex - Reheat.org" <Alex@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 22:56:43 +0100

Bones/Kev,

Glad to see that people are still interested in flying together after the demise of FPI. I have been trying to contact Grant this week with regards to his software beta offer (due to start 4 days ago) but haven't heard anything, I hope others interests haven't died!

I am off for 3 days now to a Extreme Sports festival to go and decide which fancy boat to buy next. Here's a preview: ;)

Not sure if the picture will work... a little bit "bling" perhaps but she sure looks comfy!

I shall speak to you all on my return on Monday night!

ATB

Alex

Bones wrote:
That sounds like good forward thinking Kevin.

As we are well established in FPI procedures my thought is that we should
try and tempt newcomers to the system by example when online and help in
procedures. Your web site would be ideal for this - aided by us offering
help to anyone online who is struggling. Excuse me if I offer my own ideas
here but I'd suggest your pages include at least three sections.

1. A basic newcomers page describing how to set up the system, roughly how
it works and maybe some common reasons why it doesn't (maybe in an FAQ
section).

2. A series of pages for those interested in ATC. These could be twofold -
one being brief articles on ATC for pilots who are simply curious how it
works and then the really meaty stuff for those who would like to go on and
learn the trade.

3. Ditto for pilots but this would be an easier section to create as most
people joining the sessions already know how to fly. My guess is that this
section would more describe pilot procedures in an ATC environment and maybe
some data on controlled airspace.