[jhb_airlines] Re: PCI tonight

  • From: Mike Lucas <mhlucas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 21:36:05 +0000

online now

Mike L

Bones wrote:
I'm not sure if anything has been organised for tonight but I would briefly
like to test something in the radar software.

I'm going to log in as SLLP_APP (La Paz). If anyone wants to fly in the UK I
can relocate after the test but I'd like to have at least one aircraft to
check out the system.

La Paz is known to some of you and is the highest airport in the world for
scheduled traffic. It sits at 13,200ft AMSL with sod all lift in the air -
which is why it has a long runway.

If anyone wishes to try it for fun just remember that for some piston
aircraft the airfield is probably close to the operational ceiling of the
aircraft. It is essential to lean the mixture to get enough power to take
off - you won't get anywhere with full rich selected. Climb rate and
acceleration will also be pretty punk.

Should be a giggle.. <g>

http://fsaviation.net