[jhb_airlines] Re: PCI Wednesday 18th

  • From: "bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 22:58:20 +0100

Leave them on hard - it's the only way you can learn how to fly properly.

If you can't land at TFFJ then two things come to mind. Either you don't
have throttle levers, in which case you  don't have rapid throttle movement,
or you may be too fast on the approach. Most aircraft have a short field
performance envelope which is much lower than conventional approach values.
Have a read through my short field article again at
http://homepages.mcb.net/bones/04fs/tutorial/fltsimsf.htm

As soon as you clear the ridge at TFFJ you will need to slam the throttles
shut because the drop to the runway is greater than the power off descent
rate of ANY aircraft. You then need to stuff the nose down to maintain
flying speed but you then need a very aggressive round out to stop flying
into the runway.