[jhb_airlines] Re: PCI Wednesday 18th

  • From: "Paul Reynolds" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 18:47:07 +0100

Given the close proximity of the strips, I think we also need to plan a contingency for the inevitable "server" lag. For most of the session we should all be withn the 40 mile range and that will probably cause a significant build up for some flyers.

Do we:

a) fly what we see - ie. if an aircraft is on finals / take-off ahead of us we go around.

or

b) fly what we know is current. ie. controllers know the aircraft has cleared the airspace but we are stil seeing it.

My thoughts are for a combination.

If the aircraft seen is likely to obstruct you in anyway, go around, otherwise ignore it.

Paul

----- Original Message ----- From: "bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>