[jhb_airlines] Re: PCI Wednesday

  • From: "bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 01:09:14 +0100

Good videos.

Note that on the first one you list that the camera is fixed to the cowling
and so the wild swings you see are wind shear and not camera movement. In
fact if you look at it more closely you can tell which yawing is caused by
wind shear (it's sudden) and which is deliberate rudder input (this is more
gradual). Note a rapid swing just as he crests the ridge.

This runway has a marked downslope so it's a lot harder to stop in real life
than in the sim.